Location: London, UK
3-month contract: 37.5 hours a week
Starting Salary: London Living Hourly Wage
Benefits highlights include: annual leave allotment
Application closing date: We are currently looking for an intern to work with us during the Spring and Summer of 2017.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
SustainAbility is a think tank and advisory firm. We inspire and enable business to lead the way to a sustainable economy. Our unique blend of thinking and advice inspires and enables leaders to drive change inside companies, within value chains, across markets and through systems. Our diverse team supports our clients globally from offices in London, New York and the San Francisco Bay Area.
We are looking for an exceptional and motivated intern candidate with a passion for sustainable business, thinking and strategy. This is an outstanding development opportunity for a recent graduate to gain work experience and skills in the sustainability sector and work with a dynamic and passionate team.
Intern position summary & responsibilities:
- Provide research, analysis and advice for consulting and research projects by working on multiple project teams
- Source and synthesise key trends and developments that are shaping the sustainable development agenda, and contribute to SustainAbility’s perspective
- Contribute to teamwork and innovation to ensure that we make significant and measurable change in moving corporations toward sustainable business models
- Support business development activities for our consulting and think tank work
Research, Analysis and Advice
- Conduct corporate sustainability research and analysis and create reports, presentations, etc. addressing a range of issues and industries
- Create written and verbal presentations of work that will be used in client settings and in think tank publications to help guide clients and partners
- Stay aware and on top of key sources to help contribute to trends reporting and bespoke research products
- Think critically and strategically to help us influence decision-makers and outcomes
- Help prepare, facilitate and lead on interviews with clients, research partners and other stakeholders
- Assist with the facilitation of workshops, client meetings and stakeholder engagement (e.g. for our business member network, Engaging Stakeholders)
Business Development Activities
- Conduct background research on potential clients and research partners
- Support development of proposals by conducting research and creating presentation slides
Teamwork and Innovation
- Contribute to SustainAbility’s intellectual capital through research and writing
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational objectives
- Take initiative on identifying and pursuing internal and external opportunities
- Work with remote teams across different time zones and cultures
- Contribute as-needed to other internal and external team events
Key Skills and Competencies
Preference will be given to applicants who have the following key skills and competencies:
- Master's degree preferred but not required. Preference will be given for candidates with degrees in public policy, international relations, economics, business, environmental studies or a related field
- Commitment to and knowledge of the sustainable development agenda and how it interfaces with business, as demonstrated by an internship or other experience. Experience in any of the following sectors would be welcome: food and beverage, finance, health, technology and energy
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills; ability to distill large amounts of information into what matters most
- Ability to present analytic findings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure, manage projects to deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Enthusiastic team player with a positive and proactive attitude, showing proven initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Alignment with SustainAbility’s mission, vision and values
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a covering letter addressing each of the selection criteria and a CV. SustainAbility will be collecting CV's on an ongoing basis for the Spring/Summer 2017 internship. We will be reviewing and responding to potential interviewees throughout the Winter of 2017. We thank you for your interest in advance.
* SustainAbility believes that diversity adds value to our business. We hire team members who reflect the rich array of diverse cultures, ideologies, and values that are part of the broad global workforce. SustainAbility does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious beliefs, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, marital status, political beliefs/affiliation, disability, or social or cultural.